Cajon Technique Module 1
Introduction to Technique
Sample video extract
Playing with good technique is vital if you want your cajon to truly sound like an amazing drum with tone texture and subtlety rather than just a wooden crate. This module has been created to assist you to develop the skills you need so that you can play your cajon to its full sound potential.
In this module, you will learn:
- ten key techniques (bass, mid- slap, corner-slap, tone, tone tip, bass tip, tip slide, sides, knocking, clicking)
- how to apply technique in rhythmic patterns
- correct posture for playing cajon
- warm up exercises to ensure safe playing and injury prevention
- Instructional Video with step by step demonstration of rhythms and techniques being taught (18 minutes)
- Additional video with eight exercises designed to systematically build up your ability and skills as you play along and repeat as many times as you like (4 minutes)
- Written notes guiding you through the module
- Clear explanations using visual auditory and kinaesthetic approaches to learning
- HD (High Definition) video with close ups and split screens so you can easily see correct technique
Material included in this module is equlvalent to approximately two introductory level classes, or one intermediate class.
Claudia lived in Spain for five years studying percussion with many cajon players including Isaac Figueras (Chiquelo, Diego Carrasco) and Juan Flores (Duquende, Manuel Soto). She then moved to Ireland to play and record with Mexican guitar duo, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and went on to work with other artists including folk legend Luka Bloom. For the next three years she performed in many parts of Europe including Holland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland and Spain. She also taught cajon and drums at the Irish Drum Academy and Waltons School of Music. She now lives in Sydney and performs with various groups, and teaches percussion for the Department of Education and Training.
Find out more about Claudia.
"Claudia teaches all the skills you need to play cajon in a relaxed and fun yet extremely
well structured way. Students of all levels learn not only essentials of rhythm on their cajons but also how to
produce a great sound and dynamic from their instrument!" Simone Pope - Director
The Flamenco Studio, BrisbaneRead more testimonials